One | Two | Three | Four | Five   Translation | Key Points
Dialogue Four A Taboo in China

Tina: Hello, Wang Ying.
嗬,王明.

Wang Ying: Hello, Tina.
嗬 , 泰娜.
Tina: I’m told that you got married a few days ago, Congratulations!
我听说几天前你结婚了,祝贺你!

Wang Ying: Thank you. Where have you been? I called you, but you were not available.
谢谢,你去哪儿了?我给你打电话,但是没联系上你.
Tina: I’m sorry that I was mot able to attend your wedding. I am just back from Hubei Province. I brought a box of pears for you. They taste very good.
对不起,没能参加你的婚礼.我刚从河北回来.我带了一箱梨送给你,味道很好.

Wang Ying: Pears? Why did you bring me pears?
梨?你为什么送我梨?
Tina: I know you like them.
我知道你喜欢吃梨.

Wang Ying: No! What do you mean by sending me pears on my wedding day? That’s terrible!
不,我结婚的时候你送我梨是什么意思?这太可怕了.
Tina: Why? What’s wrong with that? Don’t you like them?
那怎么了,难道你不喜欢吃?

Wang Ying: Yes, I like them, but do you know what sending pears to a newly-wedded couple means?
当然喜欢,但是你知道给新婚夫妇送梨意味着什么吗?
Tina: I don’t know.
不知道.

Wang Ying: It means you want the newly-wedded couple to separate.
那就意味着你想让新婚夫妇分离.
Tina: I’m terribly sorry. I didn’t know it.
实在对不起,我不知道.

Wang Ying: It’s Ok.
没关系.
Tina: May you live happily ever after!
祝你生活永远幸福!

Wang Ying: Thank you!
谢谢.