One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six | Seven   Translation | Key Points
Dialogue Four   In the Open-air Market

在露天市场
 

Pedlar: Good afternoon, madam. Can I help you?
P: 下午好,夫人。要帮忙吗?
Tourist: Yes, please. I’m trying to find some really good Chinese paintings.
T: 是的.我正在寻找上等的中国画。

P: Would you like to see original paintings or reproduction of works by famous artists?
P: 你想看原作还是著名艺术家的复制品?
T: Please show me originals first.
T: 请先给我拿原作看看。

P: Here are some. They are selling well.
P: 请看,这几幅卖得不错。
T: How much do you charge for this Chinese painting of flowers and birds?
T: 这幅中国花鸟画多少钱?
P: You’ve made a good choice. This kind of painting is extremely popular here. It costs350yuan.
P: 你选得不错。这种画在本地非常受欢迎,售价为350元。
T: My God! It’s too expensive. You know, it is just a painting of someone unknown. If you sell it for 300 yuan, I’ll take it.
T: 天啊!太贵了。这只是一幅无名人士的画。如果你300元出售,我就买下。

P: (after a moment) But it is really good. OK, I’ll sell you. It’s really a good buy.
P: 但是这幅画的确不错。好吧,我卖给你。这的确是件合算的买卖。
T: Can I pay by traveler’s checks?
T: 我可以付旅游支票吗?

P: I’m afraid you can’t. We accept only cash.
P: 不可以。我们只收现金。