选择您要学习的课程
■您的位置|lesson13|重点难点-2
 
   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   
 

Notes

(1) in this very inn: in this same inn

(2) she wouldn't have had any prospects: she wouldn't have had happiness and a bright future

(3) I didn’t show up: I didn’t keep the appointment as expected

(4) You wouldn’t have met Mother: You wouldn’t have met Mother if you had married that lady.

Translation

1.  It happened in one of those colourful Danish inns which offer service especially for tourists and where English is spoken.

故事发生在丹麦一个风景如画的乡村小客店里,那里供应旅游者膳食,而且服务员会讲英语。

2.  She might have been pretty once, but now she was stout and her hair was untidy.

她年轻时可能很漂亮,但现在发胖了,头发也乱蓬蓬的。

3. If she had married me, she wouldn’t have had any prospects.

如果她嫁给了我,她就不会有什么前途。

非真实条件句也是虚拟语气,所假设的情况与过去的已知事实相反,根本不可能实现,只是设想如果过去的情况不是那样,就会发生什么情况,但实际上并没有发生。形式:

从句:if + 过去完成时 或 could have done

主句:should/would/could/might have done

e.g. If I had had time yesterday, I would have gone with you.

如果我昨天有时间,我就跟你去了。(但昨天我没有时间)

4. When I wrote to my father that I wanted to get married he cut off my allowance.

当我写信告诉我父亲说我打算结婚,他马上停止给我寄生活费。

5. “that her father might stop and seize our letter,

她父亲可能会扣压信件。

6. We often joke about that youthful love romance.

我们经常拿我年轻时的这段罗曼史开玩笑。

7. “It isn’t in Denmark or any European country.”

在丹麦或其他欧洲国家不是这样写日期的。

8. “It’s a lucky thing it happened that way. You wouldn’t have met Mother.”

你们这段恋情这样结束可不错,不然你就不会遇见妈妈了。

9. “I wish Mother were here,” I said.

“要是妈妈在这里就好了,”我说。

“wish (that) + 主语 + 一般过去时”表达对现在的遗憾,即表达与现在事实相反的情况。

e.g. I wish I knew his address! (=I’m sorry I don’t know his address.)

要是我知道他的地址该有多好啊!

而“wish + 主语 + 过去完成时”表达对过去的遗憾,即表达与过去事实相反的情况。

e.g. I wish I hadn’t spent so much money. (=I’m sorry I spent so much money.)

要是我没花费那么多钱就好了。

10. How she has changed!

她变化真大!

“How + 句子”是特定的感叹句。

e.g. How I wish to be a bird flying in the sky!

我多么希望成为天空中飞翔的鸟啊!

11. I was with my father o a business-and-pleasure trip, and in our leisure hours we were having a wonderful time.

我随父亲一同去既出差,有带游玩的旅行,在闲暇时,我们玩得非常开心。

12. I followed his eyes and looked across the room to a woman who was setting a tray of drink before some customers.

我顺着父亲的目光望去,看到房间那边有一位妇女正拿着托盘给顾客送饮料。

13. Father passed his hand over his face. “So she was there!” he exclaimed, “and it was because I didn’t show up that she got married.”

父亲用手捂住脸。“这么说,她去赴约了!”父亲叹道,“是因为我没来,她才嫁了人。”

14. He put his arm around my shoulders, looked at me with a heartwarming smile, and said, “I was doubly lucky, young fellow, for otherwise I wouldn’t have met you, either!”

他搂住我的肩膀,微笑着看着我,十分亲切地说:“小伙子,我是双倍的幸运,不然的话,我也不会和你在一起。”

 

吉林大学远程教育学院 Distant Education College, Jilin University