选择您要学习的课程
■您的位置|lesson5|重点难点-3
 
   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

   
 

Translation of some difficult sentences from the text

1.       … the wind carried it into the road and I ran out to get it.

风把我的帽子吹到了路中央,我跑下了人行道去把它捡回来。

2.       It will freeze hard in most parts of the country, they say.

天气预报说大部分地区都有严重冰冻。

3.       It’s hard work, but it has to be done.

这活可不轻,但总得干。

4.       Now I find the water too cold even on a day like this.

而现在即使这么暖和的天气我都觉得水太凉。

5.       Probably it was during that enjoyable holiday we had ten years ago on one of the Greek islands.

也许我最后一次游泳是十年前在希腊一个岛上愉快地度假的时候。

6.       Now, every Sunday hundreds of cars and coaches pass through the High Street at what I think is a very dangerous speed.

可现在一到星期天,总是有几百辆小轿车和长途公共汽车穿过村子的大街,速度快得吓人。

7.       a man is not much use on the farm unless he knows all about machines.

一个农夫要是不懂机器就无法在农场干活。

8.       I can’t find time for both reading and television.

我可没时间既看书又看电视。

9.       Those old apple trees that were cut down last winter will give us wood for the fires most of this winter.

去年冬天砍下来的老苹果树可够今年大半个冬天生火了。

10.   There’s nothing worse than frozen snow.

没有什么比结冰的雪更危险了。

11.   The snow was so deep that for several days we were cut off from the rest of the country.

地上的雪那么厚,有好几天我们和外界完全隔绝了。

12.   I hope it isn’t going to be as bad again this January!

我希望今年一月可别再那么糟糕。

 

吉林大学远程教育学院 Distant Education College, Jilin University