One | Two | Three | Four | Five| Six   Translation | Key Points
Dialogue Six Calling a Taxi

Taxi-driver: Hello, where do you want to go, sir?
嗨,你想去哪儿,先生?
Mr. Smith: Cherry Hotel, please.
请去樱桃宾馆。

Taxi-driver : OK. Is that your luggage?
好的,那是你的行李吗?
Mr. Smith: Yes, that’s my suitcase and my bag.
是的,那是我的衣箱和包 。

Taxi-driver: Let me put them in the trunk.
让我把他们放在后备箱里。
Mr. Smith: Thank you. I’ll carry the briefcase myself. (They get in the car.)
谢谢,让我自己拿这个公文包。

Taxi-driver: Oh, sir. Would you please fasten he safety belt?
先生,请您系好安全带好吗?
Mr. Smith: Sure.
好的。

Taxi-driver: Here we go. (They’re on their way.) Is this your first time in Shenyang?
让我们走吧,这是你第一次来沈阳吗?
Mr. Smith: Yes.
是的。

Taxi-driver: You’re here on vacation?
你来这里度假吗?
Mr. Smith: Yes. As this is my first time in Shenyang, I would really appreciate it if you could introduce to me some scenic and historical spots here.
是的。由于这是我第一次来沈阳,如果你能为我介绍一下这里的景点和历史古迹,我会不胜感激。

Taxi-driver: I’d be glad to. Well, I was born and brought up here, so I practically know the city inside out.
我很愿意。我生长在这里, 因此我对这里非常了解。
Mr. Smith: That’s wonderful. Say, how about making a deal between us? I’ll hire you for 2 days. You will be my driver and my guide.
太好了,我们之间达成一项协议,怎么样?我雇佣你两天,你做我的司机兼导游。

Taxi-driver: I’m glad to be at your service.
很高兴为你服务。
Mr. Smith: Perfect. Oh, by the way, my name is Frank Smith.
太好了,顺便说,我的名字叫弗兰克?史密斯。

Taxi-driver: How do you do, Mr. Smith? My name is Wu Wenbing.
你好,史密斯先生,我的名字叫吴文萍。
Mr. Smith: How do you do, Mr. Wu?
你好,吴先生。

Taxi-driver: Here we are. Cherry Hotel.
我们到了,樱桃宾馆。
Mr. Smith: How much do I pay you?
我付给你多少钱?

Taxi-driver: We use meter here. The meter reads 38 yuan and 60 fen.
我们这里使用计价器,计价器上显示是38元6角。
Mr. Smith: Here’s 40 yuan. Keep the change.
这是40元钱,不用找零钱了。

Taxi-driver: Thank you. Let me help you with the luggage. What time do you expect me tomorrow?
谢谢,让我帮你拿行李。明天您希望我几点来?
Mr. Smith: 8:30 in the morning?
早晨8点半,可以吗?

Taxi-driver: OK. See you then.
好吧,明天见。
Mr. Smith: See you tomorrow.
明天见。