One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six   Translation | Key Points
Dialogue Three   Have Trouble With the Customs

Official: Mr. Cheng. Mr. Cheng from China.
工作人员:程先生,从中国来的程先生!
Cheng: Here.
程先生:在这儿。

O: you are Mr. Cheng from China, aren’t you?
工:您是从中国来的程先生吧?
C: Yes, I am.
程:是的.

O: On what status are you traveling?
工:您是以什么身份来旅行的?
C: I’m a general manager and I’m invited to attend the Fair here.
程:我是经理,被邀请来参加在贵国举行的交易会.

O: How long do you expect to be staying in America?
工:您准备在美国呆多久?
C: Three weeks.
程:3个星期.

O: Have you finished filling out your declarations?
工:您填好申报表了吗?
C: Well. I’ve filled in those items listed in the form. Here you are.
程:我已经填好申报表的所有栏目。给你.

O: Have you got anything to declare? Any gifts for people in this country? Have you got any spirits or tobacco?
工:您有什么东西要申报吗?您带了礼物吗?带了烟酒吗?
C: I’ve brought some small gifts for friends, and here is a carton of cigarettes I bought on the plane.
程:我给朋友带了些小礼物,另外还有 在飞机上买的一条香烟.

O: One carton of cigarettes is your duty-free allowance. May I have a look at the gifts?
工:一条香烟是可以免税的。我可以看一下您带的礼物吗?
C: Yes, here they are, under here. I have only a few small gifts---the total value is under $100.
程:行,在这儿,在这下面。只是一些小礼物——— 总价值不到100美元。