One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six   Translation | Key Points
Dialogue Six  At the Customs

Official: Your passport please, miss.
工作人员:女士,请出示您的护照。
Female: One second please. It’s in the handbag. Here it is.
女士:请等一下,它在包里。在这里。

O: Have you anything to declare?
工:您有什么东西要申报吗?
F: I’m not sure. I have some gifts for my friends.
女:我不清楚。我有一些带给朋友的礼物。
O: What are they?
工:是什么?

F: Some bottles of perfume and 4 bottles of whisky.
女:有几瓶香水和四瓶威士忌。
O: Oh, that’s more than we can allow you free. I’m afraid you’ll have to pay some duty on them.
工:啊,这超过免税范围了。恐怕您得上税。
F: All right.
女:可以。
O: Now, would you please open your suitcase for examination?
工:现在,请您打开提包接受检查,行吗?

F: Yes, please.
女:好的,可以。
O: I’m afraid these books are prohibited entry.
工:恐怕这些书不容许带入。

F: What can I do with them?
女:那我该怎么办呢?
O: You can leave them at our checkroom and pick them up when you leave China.
工:您可以把它们留在寄存处,当您离开中国时再取走。

F: OK.
女:好的。
O: The rest is fine. And please fill in this foreign currency declaration form.
工:其余都可以。请填写一下外币申报表。

F: Sure. How much do I have to pay for my duty?
女:好的。我要付多少税款?
O: I’ll let you know in a minute. It’s 42 dollars altogether.
工:我马上告诉您。一共42美元。

F: Do I pay here?
女:我在这儿付款吗?
O: No, you take this duty memo and pay at the window over there.
工:不,您拿着税单到那边的窗口交款。

F: OK. (After a moment she returns and gives the duty memo to the officer)
Are there any other customs formalities?
女:好吧。(过了一会儿,她返回来把税单交给工作人员) 还有其他的海关手续吗?
O: No. You’re through. I have examined and stamped all your papers. Here you are. Please put them in a safe place. You’ll need them when you leave China. Have nice stay in China.
工: 没有了。您可以通过了。我检查并在您所有证明上盖了章。给您。请保管好。在离开中国时您会需要它们。祝您在中国过得愉快。