One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six   Translation | Key Points
Dialogue Six   Exploring the source of the Mississippi

勘探密西西比的源头
 

Adventurer: Ok. Here is Lake Itasca, the true source of the Mississippi.
探险者:好了.这就是伊塔斯卡湖,密西西比河的真正源头.
Guide: Yes. Help me to take down the canoe, and our exploring is beginning.
向导:没错.请帮我把独木舟搬下来,我们的探险就要开始了.
A: But the river at that point is only about ten feet wide, we can get into trouble there.
A: 但是河的那一段仅有10 英尺宽,我们会在那里陷入困境的.
G: Maybe. This is the true exploration.
G: 有可能,这才是真正的探险.
A: Thanks heavens! We pass it successfully. Look! The Disjointed stone bridge blocks our way.
A: 谢天谢地,我们顺利通过它了.看这座断桥挡住了我们的去路.
G: I think we have to pull the canoe out, beat a passage through the prickly brush and carry the canoe around to the stream below the bridge.
G: 我想我们必须先把独木舟拖上岸,在多刺的灌木丛中开出一条道,把独木舟抬到桥那边的溪流中.
A: The river loops back and forth upon itself, it has tripled or quadrupled the distance to our object.
A: 河道老在原地绕圈子, 使我们到达目的地的距离延长了三四倍.
G: Don’t worry. The river will leave the swamp and become straight soon.
G: 不用急.河道马上就会离开沼泽地而变直.

A: Oh, great! Here we reach the Benmidji Lake. The river becomes a noble stream of 200 feet wide.
A: 噢,太棒了.我们终于到达贝米吉湖了.河流变成了一条200英尺宽的壮丽河流了.
G: We begin a 400-mile delightful canoe trip tomorrow morning.
G: 明天早上,我们将继续400英里的独木舟航行.