One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six Translation | Key Points
Dialogue One   Asking the Way

问 路
 

A: I have to look up a man living in Mott Street.
甲:我得去看看住在莫特街的一个人。
B: Do you know the way?
乙:你认得路吗?
A: No. Can you tell me where Mott Street is?
甲:不认识。你能告诉我莫特 街在哪里吗?
B: I’m sorry. I’m a stranger here.
乙:很抱歉。我也不熟悉这里。

A: Thanks anyway.
甲:不管怎样,谢谢你。
B: There’s a policeman. Let’s ask him the way.
乙:那里有个警察,我们去问问他吧。
A: All right. Excuse me. Can you tell us the way to Mott Street?
甲:好吧。劳驾,您能告诉我们去莫特街的路吗?
P: Yes. Walk down this road, take the first turning in the left. Then walk until you come to the river.
警察:可以。沿着这条路走,到第一条马路向左拐,然后一直走到小河。
A: The river?
甲:小河?
P: Yes. When you come to it, there is a bridge. Just walk across it. Follow the sign that says “To Mott Street”. You can’t miss it.
警:对。当你到了河边,会看到那里有座桥,穿过桥,沿着那个写着“去莫特街”的标记,您不会找不到的。
A: And is it very far ?I mean, how long does it take to walk there?
甲:路很远吗?我是说,走到那里需要多久?
P: About 15 minutes, if you walk quickly. It’s only a little way.
警:如果走得快,大约需要15分钟,只有一点路。
A: I see. Thank you very much.
甲:我明白了。非常感谢。
P: Any time.
警:随时愿意效劳。