One | Two | Three | Four | Five | Six   Translation | Key Points
Dialogue Four   At the Post office

在邮局
A: Next please. Good afternoon! Is there anything I can do for you?
甲:下一位请。下午好,我能为您做什么? 
B: I'd like to send this letter to a friend in Sydney, Australia, and that parcel back home in America.
乙:我想给悉尼的朋友寄封信,还要把这个包裹寄回美国。

A: How would you like to send the letter? I mean, if it is urgent, we can send it by express.
甲:您想怎么寄?我是说,如果急的话,可以寄快件。 
B: Well, actually, there is nothing urgent. Please send it as an ordinary mail.
乙:啊,其实没什么要紧的事情,平信就可以了。

A: Yes, sir. How about that parcel?
甲:好的,先生。那包裹怎么寄呢? 
B: Oh, I must make sure that the parcel reaches home at May 10.
乙:我必须在5月10号前把包裹寄到家里。

A: In that case, I would recommend sending it by air, because it will take too long, say, three weeks to go surface mail from here to America.
甲:要是这样的话,我建议您寄航空邮件。普通邮件从这里寄往美国要花3个星期。
B: Very good! I’ll send it by air then. Could you tell me the postage, please?
乙:好吧,就寄航空的吧。请把邮资告诉我好吗?
A: It’s $1 by ordinary mail. I think I’d better weight the parcel first, Anything else?
甲:寄平信1美元。我想最好把包裹先称一下,还有其他的东西吗?
B: No, thanks.
乙:没有了,谢谢。