One | Two | Three | Four | Five| Six   Translation | Key Points
Dialogue Five Taking a Taxi

A: Here comes the taxi! Hey, taxi!
出租车来了,嗨,车租车!

B: Step in, please? Where do you wish me to take you?
请进来,你打算让我送你去哪儿?
A: To the Nike Company, the Fifth Avenue.
去耐克公司,第五十大街。

B: OK, Close the door, please.
好的,请关上车门。
A: Slow down please so that I can enjoy the sights.
请放慢车速,以便我能欣赏这里的风光。

B: If you are not in a hurry.
如果你不着急的话。
A: No. We’ve got lots of time.
不,我们有很多时间。

C: It’s all traffic. Are you sure we’re on the right road?
到处都是车。你能确信我们走的是对的吗?
B: Sure enough.
当然确信。
C: Look! We have to stop for the red light.
看,前面是红灯,我们不得不停车
B: It’s green now. But we can’t move. We’re in a traffic jam.
现在是绿灯,但是我们不能前行,因为我们遇到了交通堵塞。
A: Let’s go back to that crossroad and turn the other way.
让我们回到那条十字路口,然后走另一条路。

B: This is one way traffic. 这是单行路。
A: Enough! Enough! Nothing but vehicles!
太多了,真是太多了,只有拥挤的车辆。

C: Look, John! There’re blue sky, beautiful trees and big buildings ahead. What nice pictures!
看,约翰!蓝蓝的天,美丽的树,还有前面的高楼大厦,多么美丽的图画!
B: Ahead is the White House!
前面是白宫。
A: Really! Am I in a dream?
真的,我不是在做梦吧?