One | Two | Three | Four | Five   Translation | Key Points
Dialogue Three Talking About Chinese Dumplings

Wang: Now here we are, Jean. Help yourself.
珍妮,现在我们要的饺子来了,请随便吃。

Jean: It’s a real challenge to my skill with chopsticks.
这对我用筷子的技术的确是一个挑战。
Wang: Never mind. Pick one from the plate and put it in your saucer. Now hold your saucer like this. (Wang shows her how to eat dumplings with chopsticks)
没关系。夹起一个饺子,把它放到你的酱油碟中,现在这样拿着小碟。

Jean: I’ll try it. By the way, what’s in the saucer?
让我试试。顺便问一下,小碟中有什么
Wang: Soy sauce, vinegar, mashed garlic, and a few drops of sesame oil.
酱油、醋、蒜泥和几滴香油。

Jean: Pretty rich sauce.(Having tried one (dumpling) Very nice!
相当有滋味的酱汁呀!(吃一个饺子)味道很好。
Wang: Are they too salty for you?
你吃咸吗?

Jean: No, they are very good. The filling is really tasty. How do you make it?
不,很好吃。馅很有味道。是怎么做成的呢?
Wang: You chop pork or beef or both very fine, and add some oil, spice, chopped ginger and green onions. Then mix the minced meat with Chinese cabbage, celery or leek.
你把猪肉或牛肉垛碎,加上油,调味料,垛碎的中国大白菜,芹菜或韭菜

Jean: What about the wrapper?
那么饺子皮是怎么做成的.
Wang: You make dough first. Then take a bit of dough, shape it into a small ball and roll it flat with a roller Put a spoonful of the filling on to the center of the wrapper, then fold the edge and press it tight.
先和面团。然后取一小块面团,把他团成球形,用擀面杖把它擀平。把一小勺馅放在饺子皮的中间,然后把边对折起来,压紧。

Jean: It sounds rather complicated.
听起来很复杂。
Wang: It is complicated. However, the pleasure lies in the process of making them and eating them.
复杂倒是真的,然而,快乐在于作饺子的过程和享用它们

Jean: I have missed part of the pleasure, since I’m eating here.
既然在这里只吃饺子而不做,我已经失去了一部分快乐。
Wang: I’ll help you make up that part some time later.
以后有时间,我帮你补上这部分快乐。

Jean: Thank you.
谢谢你。