One | Two | Three | Four   Translation | Key Points
Dialogue Three Isn’t It a Double Blessing?

A: Merry Christmas!
圣诞快乐!

B: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
圣诞快乐,新年快乐!
A: The same to you. Thank you for your kind wishes.
给你同样的祝福,谢谢你的美好祝愿。

B: And best wishes for many happy returns of your birthday.
祝你健康长寿!
A: Aha, thank you so much. It’s most kind of you to have remembered my birthday.
太感谢了,你真是太好了,还能记得我的生日。

B: Well, I’m really impressed by the date of your birth, that is, the 20th of December. You can celebrate these wonderful occasions one after another. How I envy you!
我真的对你的生日印象很深,是在12月20日, 你可以一个接一个地庆祝这些美好的时刻。我真的羡慕你
A: Don’t you think your success in the Olympic Math Contest deserves congratulations? Our class are planning a grand celebration in your honor. Isn’t it a double blessing?
难道你不认为你在奥林匹克数学竞赛中获得的成功很值得庆祝吗,全班同学为了向你祝贺正筹备一个庆祝会,难道这不是双喜临门吗?

B: I don’t know how to thank you enough. I really appreciate your kindness and efforts. But why didn’t I know anything about the celebration?
我真不知道怎么感谢你,真的很感激你的好意和努力。关于庆祝我怎么一无所知?
A: Well, we meant to give a delightful surprise. But just now I made a slip of the tongue and gave away our secret.
我们打算给你一个惊喜,但是刚才我口误,把秘密泄露出来

B: Thank you ever so much. I’m very much obliged to all of you.
非常感谢你,我真的很感激你。