|
|
含蓄条件句
(Sentences of Implied Condition) |
m.Because we had no drugs
that might have saved him, Dr. Bethune died of septicaemia.
由于我们没有能救他的药,白求恩大夫因败血症死去了。
n.They reaped a yield twice as much as they would have done with local
strains.
他们得到的产量要比使用当地品种高出一倍。
o.We accomplished in an hour what it would have taken 1000 men several
days to do.
我们一个钟头完成了一千个人几天才能完成的工作 量。
p.I could continue talking about this, but we must go on to the next
topic.
这问题我还可以继续谈,不过我们必须讨论下一个题目了。
q.Tom would have explained everything, but nobody paid any attention
to him.
汤姆本来会把一切解释清楚的,但谁也不听他。
r.You might stay here forever.
你可以永远待在这儿。(可能暗含if you wanted to)
s. We would have succeeded.
我们本来是会成功的。(可能暗含if we had kept trying)
t.Your reputation would be ruined.
你的名誉会败坏的。(可能暗含if you should accept it)
u.I would appreciate a little of your time.
谢谢你给我一点时间吧。(可能暗含if you were so kind as to give me a little of your
time) 3. 在不少情况下,虚拟式已变成习惯说法,很难找出其暗含的条件:
a.You wouldn’t know.
你不会知道。
b. I would like to come.
我愿意来。
c.I wouldn’t have dreamed of it.
这是我做梦也不会想到的。
d.He told the story in such minute detail that he might himself have
been an eye-witness.
他将那事讲的非常仔细,简直就像是他亲眼看见一样。 |
|
|
|